DrkCherry

DrkCherry's Place

I see books. I buy books. Some get read. Some go on my growing pile of TBR.

Heart of Darkness: The Darkest AngelLove Me to DeathLady of the Nile

Heart of Darkness: The Darkest AngelLove Me to DeathLady of the Nile - 'Gena Showalter',  'Maggie Shayne',  'Susan Krinard' I have been trying to read Heart of Darkness, an anthology, for the last 10 days. I made it to page 38, and I'm calling it a fail. It has three authors: Gena Showalter, Maggie Shayne and Susan Krinard.The first story is The Darkest Angel by Gena Showalter. It is unbearably slow and boring. The lead hero (?) comes across as mildly retarded to me. I get it, he's an Angel and he's never had these kinds of emotions before, however, he has seen others have sex, but doesn't get his dick is getting hard? The heroine is a harpy who has the maturity of a 12 y/o boy. Just way too over the top for me. I liked her in little doses in the last Lord's of the Underworld book.I attempted to read the second story, Love Me To Death by Maggie Shayne. I read half the first page and just said screw it. I have no idea if this story is any good. I have no idea if Lady of the Nile by Susan Krinard is any good. Frankly at this point I don't care.This is the second book in a row of Gena's that has been very disappointing. I forced myself to finish Playing With Fire, I won't do it again. If it isn't working, I'm walking away.