DrkCherry

DrkCherry's Place

I see books. I buy books. Some get read. Some go on my growing pile of TBR.

Burning Up

Burning Up (Berkley Sensation) -  'Meljean Brook',  'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh I think this is a rare occasion, I liked all the stories. Normally I only like 1 or 2 of an anthology.Nalini Singh was a given since I love her Psy-Changeling series. I just wish it could have been longer. But I think she was able to tell a complete story in 87 pages, and I give it 4 stars.Angela Knight - I've never read any of her vampire stories. While we got a backstory on both characters, there was a beginning, middle and end, and I liked the premise, I just never connected with the story. I give it 2 1/2 stars.Virginia Kantra - I'm not sure I have ever read any of her stories. I liked the premise of the story, but I don't think we got enough of the leading lady's side of things. The leading man was kind of weak. Plus I'm not a huge fan of that time period, so I can only give it 2 1/2 stars.Meljean Brook was my surprise story. I've only read her in anthologies and I have never read a steampunk story before. I liked the mismash of old and metal. I remember first hearing about steampunk and never really understanding what it meant. I found both leads likeable and their romance believable. I give this 4 stars and would love to read another steampunk story from Ms. Brook.